2nd Shift Machinist
We are looking for a skilled Machinist to operate a variety of machines to perform assigned tasks. The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
**This position is for the 2nd Shift: 4:00 PM - 12:30 AM**
**2nd Shift Premium is standard**
- Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (Nc) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- May develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Proven experience as machinist
- MAZAK experience preferred
- Experience in using and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
Job Type: Full-time