We currently have an opening in our Machine department for our central New Jersey manufacturing facility. Your responsibilities will be to operate and maintain machinery and products produced.
Mechanical Engineer Job Duties May Include:
- Sets up and operates conventional, special-purpose, and numerical control (Nc) machines and CNC Lathes to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angel of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- MAZAK experience
- Ability to develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of basis manufacturing practices
We currently offer a variety of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Group Health & Rx Plans
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with a generous company match
Job Type: Full-time