We currently have an opening for a Welder in our central New Jersey manufacturing facility. This position requires a considerable working knowledge of fabrication and welding procedures.
Welding Job Duties May Include:
- Produce strong welds that are smooth, non-porous, and consistent.
- Follow required procedures and use appropriate jigs, fixtures, blueprints, and technical drawings to assist in the assembly process.
- Communicate effectively with other workers towards establishing goal-oriented objectives while maintaining high quality results.
- Maintain an ability to weld flat and vertical with good penetration and appearance.
- Examine weld for bead size and other specifications.
- Grind or clean weld joint of work piece in preparation for additional weld or complete finish.
- Position and clamp work pieces together according to and meeting all specified dimensions.
- Incorporate mathematics including fractions and angles into all aspects of work.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Successful candidates will demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills that will enable them to coordinate with other departments.
- Experience operating forklift and overhead cranes.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Applicants must have MIG welding experience.
- Strong knowledge of welding and metal properties
- Must be able to read and interpret technical documents, blueprints and drawings
- Experience with specialized types of welding equipment and procedures as well as electrical and manual tools such as saws, squares and calipers;
- Knowledge of safety standards and adherence to protective clothing and gear is critical
- Must have great attention to detail, be flexible and able to contort their bodies to fit in unusual spaces
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Work well as part of a team as well as independently.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping workstations neat.
- Ability to safely lift and move at least 50 - 75 lbs.
- MUST have own reliable transportation.
We currently offer a variety of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Group Health & Rx Plans
- Dental & Vision Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Plan with a generous company match
Job Type: Full-time